We are so excited to officially open the casting doors to the 5th Twin Cities Listen to Your Mother Show!
We’ll be hosting four open audition times (listed below). Sign up, prepare your story, and come read it to us. After listening to everyone read, we’ll announce our 2017 Twin Cities cast!
Some things to note:
- Your story should be 3-5 minutes long — time yourself and add or delete as needed, then time yourself again. We’ll time you at auditions as well.
- The theme is motherhood, what you do with this is up to you. But your story has to center around motherhood — the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, the sad, the scary, and, of course, the golden.
- Tell the story only you can tell. Be detailed. We want you.
- To get ready for your audition, watch past stories on the LTYM YouTube channel. There are over 1,000 stories in the Listen to Your Mother YouTube archive. We’re partial to our Twin Cities alumni, but there are a ridiculous number of stories to watch to get a feel for LTYM and to get you in the mood to audition. You can search by theme if you’d like to hear stories that center around the same topic as yours.
- All stories might be edited.
- Consider yourself booked on show day. We’ll have a tech rehearsal that day, time to be determined.
- There are two mandatory group rehearsals in the months prior to the show. These are mandatory because we need to hear your story with the others to know how they’ll best fit together to tell a collective story of motherhood.
- Before auditions, practice reading your story out loud. We want to get a taste for what our audience will hear and feel on May 4th.
Our four audition dates are:
- Tuesday, 2/21/2017 at the Southdale Library (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Wednesday, 2/22/2017 at the Oxboro Library (4 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Saturday, 2/25/2017 at the Pierre Bottineau Library (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Sunday, 2/26/2017 at the Edina Library (12 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
You can sign up for (only) one slot that works for you at the link below. If you need to change your appointment, please do so in a timely manner so someone else can have that slot.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your time slot to complete an audition sheet and bring two extra copies of your piece to your audition so each director can have one.
Remember that your piece must be no longer than 5 minutes when read aloud.
Sign up by clicking here. We can can’t wait to hear YOUR story!