Come May 2017, this could be you:
Nervous, excited, (warm!) prepared, confident and about to tell your story to the kindest, most receptive audience in town at the Bing Crosby Theater.
Listen To Your Mother is a community oriented celebration of the beauty, the heartbreak, the trials and triumphs that are motherhood. Directed and produced in Spokane by local moms Stacey Conner and Elise Raimi, LTYM Spokane is part of a national series of performances which is celebrating it’s grand finale year with performances in 32 cities across the country.You do not have to be a mother, a writer or a performer to participate; you just need a story about motherhood or mothering. We encourage everyone to audition – the more varied the backgrounds, experiences and stories we can tell on stage the better!
All the details are below so check ’em out and email us to reserve your audition space, to get more information or for general encouragement with your decision to audition. We can’t wait to hear your story.
- To schedule a March 4th audition, email email@example.com.
- Please include your name and your availability for an appointment. (Please also email us with questions or if you are in need of encouragement!)
- Pieces should be five minutes or less when read aloud.
- No previous stage experience is necessary.
- Commitment for cast members includes two group read-throughs in April, a pre-performance run-through at the Bing Crosby Theater and one 7:00 p.m. performance on Mother’s Day.
- If you are cast,it will be to read the work auditioned.
- People of all ages, types, and backgrounds and writers of all experience-levels are encouraged to audition.
- Although mothers are welcome, you need not be a mother: we encourage diverse perspectives on the subject of mothers or mothering.
- Previously published work accepted as long as the author retains full rights or has express permission to read the work for this event.
- Auditions are closed – only you, Stacey and Elise. The environment is friendly, welcoming, accepting and affirmative.
We would love to listen to your words.
Come and audition.
Help us to continue this Spokane Mother’s Day tradition.