We are thrilled to announce that Listen to Your Mother, Sacramento 2014 submissions are now open!
If you have an original story of motherhood, either written down or just waiting to be written, we want to hear it. From the hysterical to the heartbreaking, we welcome your words.
Motherhood can mean so many different things to each of us. It could be the loss of your own mother, delivered in a way that makes the audience both laugh and cry, as Margaret’s piece did last year…
It could be about your struggle with infertility, as told so powerfully by Tonya (who is now just weeks from delivering her sweet baby girl)…
Or even about becoming a mother in a way you never imagined, as told by Penny…
Our stories are all different, but in so many ways, they’re incredibly similar. Motherhood weaves itself through our lives and unites us in a very important way. We invite stories from everyone. Young, more experienced, male, female. We’re hoping to fill our cast with diversity and magic.
Please email your piece (in the body of the email) with “LTYM Sacramento submission” as your subject line to us at: LTYMSac@gmail.com If your submission is accepted, we’ll invite you to attend auditions, which will be held on March 15 and 16 at ThinkHouse Collective, by appointment only. A few things about the process…
- Your piece should be no longer than 5 minutes long when read aloud.
- We will accept only one submission per person.
- While we do ask that you’re comfortable with your piece, we won’t ask you to memorize it for the show. What matters most is that you speak from your heart.
- Commitment for LTYM Sacramento cast members includes two group read-throughs (to be held on March 29 and April 26) and a pre-show run-through at the theater.
- Our show is currently scheduled for Mother’s Day weekend (exact date/time is TBD) in Sacramento.
We’re elated to begin another season and truly look forward to reading each submission sent our way.
If you have a story, please consider submitting it. If you know someone who has a story, please pass this along and encourage them to submit their piece. If you have any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to email us! The deadline for submissions is February 23 at 11:59pm. We’re here, we’re ready to go and we simply cannot wait to read your words!
Before you submit your story, please review our submission guidelines page.
You might want to also check out the LTYM FAQs for additional information about the show and how it works.by