Submissions to the LTYM Sacramento show are open through Feb 13. Guidelines can be found on our submission guidelines page.
We are happy to announce that Listen To Your Mother, Sacramento submissions are now open!
Both Margaret and I are so incredibly excited to begin reading your words.
But what, exactly, are we asking for?
We’re looking for original essays about motherhood… from the uplifting to the heartbreaking. From the serious to the hilarious.
Whether you’re young or more experienced, male or female… we’re looking for you.
If you have a story to share, we want to hear it.
Here’s a taste of some amazing pieces from past shows:
On being a mother…
On having a mother…
Please email your piece with LTYM Sacramento submission as your subject line to both me and Margaret at:
If your submission is accepted, we’ll invite you to attend auditions, which will be held March 2 and 3 at ThinkHouse Collective, by appointment only.
A few things about the process…
- Your piece should be approximately 5 minutes long when read aloud.
- We are accepting only one submission per person.
- While we do ask that you’re comfortable with your piece, you won’t ask you to memorize it for the show. What matters most is that you speak from your heart.
- Commitment for LTYM Sacramento cast members includes two group read-throughs in April and a pre-show run-through at the Crest Theater on the afternoon of May 12th.
- Our show will take place at the Crest Theater in Sacramento on May 12.
If you have any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to email us!
The deadline for submissions is February 13.