Hundreds of stories. Each one personal. Sharing the good, the bad, and the barely-rested truth about motherhood.
And we want to hear your mother story!
You don’t have to be a mother to audition. You don’t have to be a professional writer or performer. And men are welcome to audition too!
We’re looking for your original, five minute story about some aspect of mothers and/or motherhood.
Tell us the story you know will make us laugh, or find comfort, or commiserate, or have an aha moment!
Whatever your tale is, we encourage you to share it!
Here’s what you need to know.
Audition Dates and Times are:
- February 8th, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- February 13th, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- February 18th, 8:30am – 12:00pm
Auditions are by appointment and will take place at the Franciscan Spirituality Center on Market Street.
- AUDITION PIECES SHOULD NOT EXCEED 5 MINUTES. Please time yourself reading aloud before auditioning to make sure your piece does not exceed 5 minutes. Shorter is fine. Shorter is great!
- Please read right from your paper and don’t memorize your piece. We read directly from the page on show day.
- Please bring a copy of your piece that will not be returned.
- Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment to fill out an audition form.
- Previously published work is accepted as long as the author retains full rights or has express permission to read the work for the event.
- Lastly, please note, commitment includes two rehearsals (April 12th and April 17th from 5:00pm – 9:00pm), and a pre-performance run-through TBD at the Weber Center. Show date and time are Friday, April 28th at 7:30 pm.
To schedule your audition time, email us at email@example.com. Please write “AUDITION” in the subject line.
*Do NOT send us your story via email; they will not be read ahead. To protect the integrity of the audition process and the show, we cannot view any potential material prior to auditions.
So start writing your stories, La Crosse! We can’t wait to hear from you!
The LTYM La Crosse Production Team (Beth, Jess, and Molly)
If you’re looking for inspiration, we highly recommend the Listen to Your Mother YouTube channel where you can see lots of story examples from other city shows. Here’s a link to the 2016 La Crosse playlist!