We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with friends and family, and we’re thrilled to be back with some updates for the Listen To Your Mother Show in Kansas City. In case you’ve forgotten, LTYM will be held at Unity Temple on the Plaza at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 11, 2013.
A few updates:
- We’ve selected Rose Brooks Center as our charity for our May 11 event. Because Rose Brooks gives incredible support to women and children, we feel this is a perfect philanthropy for Listen to Your Mother-Kansas City.
“First and foremost, Rose Brooks Center provides emergency shelter to women and children escaping life-threatening abuse. Once they are safe, these families receive the tools and resources they need to begin rebuilding their life – a life built on respect, love and compassion.” source
- We are officially accepting submissions! Please email yours to us, ErinMargolin@gmail.com and Laura.Seymour@gmail.com, as soon as you like. These will be accepted from now through February 15, 2013.
- Did you know?? Your piece, when read aloud, should be an average of five-ish to seven-ish minutes. Please keep that in mind while you’re writing. So get a timer or something and stand in front of the mirror. Ready…Set…GO!
- One submission per person. Please and thank you.
- If you’re reading this and know someone who should submit something, please share this with her / him. YES, men have been speakers at LTYM before!
- Did you know?? The Country Club Plaza (top photo), where the beautiful Unity Temple resides in the heart of Kansas City, was the first shopping mall in the world designed to accommodate cars?
- Did you know?? Crown Center (bottom photo) is owned and operated by Hallmark Cards, which is headquartered in Kansas City?
- We’re beyond excited to read your words. Depending upon how many submissions we receive, we’ll likely take two weeks to read through them, and around then you can expect another post and/or notification about auditions.
- Did you know?? We’re Listen to Your Mother virgins, so bear with us. But we’re always happy to answer any questions you have–just email us or leave ‘em in the comments!
- Please help us spread the Listen To Your Mother Kansas City magic by sharing this post and talking to your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, hair stylists, doggie groomers, clergymen, babysitters, therapists, and anyone who will listen. It’s going to be a fantabulous event, one we can’t wait to host in Kansas City!
~Erin & Laura