2012 Online Features
- November 17, 2011 – Babble.com “Listen To Your Mother Announces Mother’s Day Shows in 10 Cities“
2011 Local Show Press
- May 18, 2011 – Austin Women’s Magazine feature article about LTYM: Austin producers Wendi Aarons and Jennifer Sutton
- May 9, 2011 – Wisconsin State Journal Around Town: Spotlight on Moms
- May 7, 2011 – The Spokesman-Review features LTYM:Spokane on the front page of the “Today” section
- May 6, 2011 – Critic’s Choice, Isthmus newspaper and featured on “MamaMadison” Isthmus parenting blog
- May 8, 2011 – 5 minute Feature on Madison local NBC 10 pm news
- May 6, 2011 – LTYM:NW Indiana Director/Producer Stephanie Precourt inteviewed for Vocalo Radio 89.5 broadcasting to Chicago and NW Indiana
- May 3, 2011 – LTYM Moms featured on WORT FM’s “A Public Affair”
- April 30, 2011 – NW Indiana Times
- April 28, 2011 – The Parent Experiment internet talk show featuring best-selling author and LA cast member Stefanie Wilder Taylor promotes LTYM: Los Angeles
- April 28, 2011 – Bloom Spokane features LTYM: Spokane
- April 5, 2011 – Indiana Insider
- April 28, 2011 – NWI Parent: “Listen to your Mother in Valparaiso”
2011 Online Features
- August 10, 2011 – Writer Ann Imig for genconnect.com “Everybody Has A Story”
- August 9, 2011 – Porter Novelli blog: “It Really Is All About Bonds”
- May 6, 2011 – BlogHer.com: Blogging Out Loud: Ann Imig Wants You To Listen To Your Mother
- May 8, 2011 – Interview on Lunch Box Mom
- April 30, 2011 – Sheposts.com: BlogHer Is New National Media Sponsor For LTYM
- Feb 22, 2011 – SheKnows Real Mom’s Guide: Listen To Your Mother
- May 9, 2010 – Wisconsin State Journal front page interview: Writers bring works to Barrymore stage to share mothering experience
- May 7, 2010 – Radio interview: A Public Affair (WORT 89.9FM)
- April 26, 2010 - Madison Magazine: Mother Blogs Best
From the May issue of Madison Magazine
Mother Blogs Best by Katie Vaughn
For nearly two years, Ann Imig has shared the ups, downs and downright funny moments of motherhood on her blog, annimig.com. Now she’s taking her parenting perspective to a new audience. Imig is directing and producing Listen to Your Mother, a live show with Madison-area writers reading their words on “the real experience of motherhood.” As Imig prepared for the Mother’s Day event, she answered a few questions about this new labor of love.
How did you come up with the idea of Listen to Your Mother?
The idea came to me in a Zen moment, while enjoying my routine Lego search-and-recovery mission. I think I had just reattached a space policeman’s head to his body (thus sparing him from the cat’s esophagus) and I said to myself, “If I can do this, I can do anything.” Writing is an extension of performing for me, and I’ve missed interacting with a live audience—one that doesn’t interrupt me constantly with demands for rice milk and Cheez-Its.
What has blogging about motherhood meant to you?
Humor blogging specifically has provided a creative outlet for my parenting stress, by challenging me to find the humor in even the most stressful (potty-training) parenting (potty-training) moments (potty-training). Also, blogging has meant making meaningful connections with other parents and writers—some of those connections evolving into friendships and trusted colleagues.
What are your goals for the show?
I hope the writers enjoy the thrill of performing and of offering their talent in a new way—where their literal voice can be heard in addition to their voice on the page. I hope the audience enjoys a celebration of motherhood, one originating from the genuine voices of those who know the beauty, the beast and the barely rested of being a mom.
Listen to Your Mother takes place May 9 at 3 p.m. at the Barrymore Theatre. Tickets are $10 at the door. listentoyourmothershow.blogspot.com
~photo by Eric Tadsen