With our 2017 Listen To Your Mother show auditions nearly full, we can’t wait to discover this year’s talented cast! Save the date for this year’s show: Saturday April 29th at 7pm at Unity of Boulder.
Thanks to you, last year’s show sold out! So this year, for a limited time only, we’re offering discounted early bird tickets! Tickets are officially on sale for only $18. Once these limited early bird tickets run out, the price will go up to $20. Act quickly, and save $2 per ticket! We’re anticipating another sold-out show, so reserve your tickets now!
Huge thanks to our hyper local sponsors: the Joy Collective, Birth Center of Boulder, ABC Gym for Kids, JJ Wells Clothing, Shredder Urban Ski and Snowboard Park, J Lounge Spa, Brighter Day Floral Design, and Ladder Creative. If you are interested in becoming a local sponsor, contact Ellen@ ellennordberg.com.
A percentage of ticket sales goes to benefit EFAA, the Emergency Family Assistance Association, as our local charity again this year.
We have just a few audition spots left, so if you want to snag one now, read this post for details and then email us at ltymboulder @ gmail.com.
Can’t wait to see you at the show on April 29th! Don’t delay – order your discounted Early Bird tickets here.
—Stephanie & Ellen
Brie Doyle, LTYM Boulder 2016 Photo Credit: Tiny Dragon Photography
Happy New Year! It is our pleasure to announce Boulder’s Listen To Your Mother Show 2017 Auditions!
The LTYM Boulder show this year will take place on Saturday, April 29th, and although spring feels SO far away during these bitter first weeks of January, it will be here before you know it, and we are eager to hear your stories this year.
For those of you who think there is no way that YOU have a story to share, we want to remind you: If you have a mother, know a mother, or are a mother, you have a story to tell about motherhood. This is not a show for professional speakers/writers (though we welcome all levels of experience). LTYM is about Motherhood and Motherhood is for EVERYONE. Your story may be the one that touches someone in the audience who needed to hear it. Your story is unique. Your story is needed.
Auditions will be in Boulder/Louisville by appointment only:
Thursday, February 23rd: 5:30pm-8:30 pm
Saturday February 25th: 10am-4pm
Monday, February 27th: 5:30pm-8:30 pm
To schedule an audition, email ltymboulder (at) gmail (dot) com. Please write AUDITION in the subject line.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your piece should not exceed 5 minutes. This is approximately 600-800 words, but will vary widely depending on content and speaking style. PLEASE PRACTICE BEFORE AUDITIONING, time yourself, and edit appropriately to achieve the desired time.
- The central theme of the story must be motherhood. We always aim for a diverse mix of stories—we look for funny essays, poignant essays, and everything in between. We welcome all stories of motherhood from all people.
- You DO NOT have to be a mother (or even a woman!) to audition.
- You do not have to have your piece memorized. In fact, we prefer it if you do not, as this the show is a series of live readings (not performances).
- You do not have to consider yourself a writer or have experience as a stage performer.
- We recommend you check out videos of past shows, including Boulder’s 2013-2016 shows, which you may find here.
- For more FAQ, read this.
- If you are selected you must be present at rehearsals which will be in Boulder
- 6pm-9 pm Monday March 20
- 6:30pm-9 pm Monday April 17
- AND on the day of the show, Saturday April 29th at Unity of Boulder, beginning at 4:00 pm. The shows is at 7pm.
- Previously published work may be accepted as long as you have full rights to read it at this event.
Questions? Ask away! Leave them in the comments section below or email them to us at ltymboulder (at) gmail (dot) com. We can’t wait to hear your stories, and we’re so excited for our 2017 Listen To Your Mother Boulder show!
Photo credit: Tiny Dragon Photography