Baltimore, Please Tell Us Your Story!
We want to hear YOUR voice! Yes, YOU!!
Afraid you have nothing to say? We don’t believe you!!
Worried that no one cares? We do!!
Nervous to get on stage? We’ll help you!!
We are so very excited to bring “Listen to Your Mother” back to Baltimore for a 4th and final season! We can’t wait to hear everything that you have to say. And don’t forget, if you’re not near Baltimore, there are 31 other shows across the US and there’s even one in Canada. Click here to find one closer to you.
If you’ve been thinking about auditioning in the past but changed your mind, or maybe the dates didn’t work out, or maybe you didn’t quite have the courage, NOW IS THE TIME. This is IT Baltimore. This is the grand finale season for the entire national project and WE WANT YOU to be a part of our closing show here in Baltimore.
Motherhood comes in many forms, with a variety of names and descriptors – mother, mama, grandma, auntie, godmother, church mother, step mother, bonus mother, big sister, play mom and even “dad”. We want it all!! Every story, every laugh, every testimony, every struggle, every smile and every tear.
Great childhoods, traumatic adolescence, turbulent teenage years, humorous birth stories, harrowing coming of age tales, reflections on adoption, infertility, the birth of multiples, home schooling, children with developmental disorders, tales of deployment and the impact on your family, best auntie on the planet, mommy to a loving pet, etc. We want it all!!!
All ages, ethnicities and genders are welcome.
You need not BE a mother to speak on what motherhood means to you.
We want to see anyone who has SOMETHING to say.
Writers, bloggers and students are as welcome as those
whose most recent writings are a tattered grocery list.
You need not BE a writer to tell us a great story.
Only YOU can tell YOUR STORY in YOUR VOICE.
Our team felt strongly that Baltimore needed a voice and your neighbors have been tearing the stage up with amazing stories since 2014. We want to see and hear more stories that help weave the tale of this “complicated” town. Do you live, work, volunteer, attend church or school in the greater Baltimore area?
Calling everyone with a voice from Essex to Towson, Sandtown-Winchester to Charles Village, Pigtown to Woodlawn, Parkville to Mount Vernon, Waverly to Dundalk, Pikesville to Federal Hill, Aberdeen to Randallstown, Brooklyn Park to Fells Point.
We have arranged auditions across the greater Baltimore metro area in hopes on hearing from YOU! We will be in Brooklyn, Cockeysville, Downtown Baltimore City, and Pikesville. We are all over the metropolitan area, rolling out the red carpet, hoping that you will trust us with your stories!!
Here are the nuts and bolts regarding auditions:
- Auditions will be held by appointment only on the following dates: 1/18, 1/22, 1/28, and 2/4. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 410-775-6721 to setup your appointment.
- Prepare an original piece that is approximately 5 minutes in length (please time yourself)
- Things previously published are permissible as long as you retain full rights and have express permission to read the work for this event.
- HUMOR can be so very difficult to write (and read out loud), and every year this is the category in which we have the least number of auditions. If you’ve got a funny bone, a funny story or one of your superpowers is writing humorous essays, please consider auditioning with that!
- Bring (3) printed copies of the piece you plan to read to your audition.
- Commit to
- 1) attending two rehearsals 2/25/17 and 4/1/17 at locations in the Greater Baltimore metro area for a FULL cast rehearsal
- 2) staying in contact with the LTYM Production team via phone, email and/or Facebook
- 4) attendance at the 2017 Listen To Your Mother Show Baltimore which will be held on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 6pm (your presence will be required from 2p-8p)
Don’t believe you can do it? I wasn’t sure I could do it either, but click here to watch my video from the 2013 LTYM Washington, DC show. You can view the entire 2014 Baltimore show by clicking here, the entire 2015 Baltimore show by clicking here, and the entire 2016 Baltimore show by clicking here, as well as videos from the other terrific cities for bit of inspiration right here.
The Listen To Your Mother experience is unlike anything else I’ve ever been a part of and I’m so overjoyed to be involved for another year. If you are anywhere near the greater Baltimore area, we hope that you will consider auditioning or attending the show. Tickets will be available in the next couple of weeks.
Soooo……did it work? Did I convince you??? Too little?? Too much??
Come on Baltimore, won’t you please come out and tell us your stories?
Please note that all cities have their own guidelines and if you’re interested in any other show you should check their local website for details, which will be updated according to their own schedules!by